- 1 tsp crushed mixed peppercorns, divided
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 cups sliced plum tomatoes
- 1 cup diced sun-dried tomatoes (not in oil)
- 1 cup Zinfandel OR dry red wine OR reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 dried California chilies, chopped
- 4 tsp chili powder
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 2 tbsp sunflower seeds, toasted
- Salt, to taste
- 6 tbsp finely chopped fresh purple basil
- Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon peppercorns in a medium non-stick skillet; add chicken and saute until pieces are lightly browned.
- Combine fresh and dried tomatoes, wine, chilies, and chili powder in large saucepan; stir in chicken. Heat to boiling; reduce heat and simmer, covered, 6 minutes. Uncover and simmer until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in avocado, sunflower seeds, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon peppercorns. Season to taste with salt. Spoon into bowl; sprinkle with basil.
Recipe Yield: Serves: 6. Serving Size: 1/6 of recipe
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 9.2 grams
Sodium: 272 milligrams
Cholesterol: 46 milligrams
Protein: 21.5 grams
Carbohydrates: 20 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
4 Vegetable, 2 Meat, 1 Fat
Source: 1,001 Recipes For People with Diabetes
Book Title: 1,001 Recipes For People with Diabetes
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.