- 1 large seedless orange, peeled and sectioned
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons fat free mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 package (9 ounces) frozen artichoke hearts, thawed
- 12 raw shrimp (12 ounces)
- 1 cup orange juice
- To prepare vinaigrette, place all vinaigrette ingredients except oil in blender or food processor; process until smooth. Pour mixture into medium non-metal bowl and whisk in oil until well blended. Fold artichoke hearts into vinaigrette. Cover and refrigerate several hours or overnight.
- Peel shrimp, leaving tails attached. Devein and butterfly shrimp. Bring orange juice to a boil in medium saucepan. Add shrimp and cook about 2 minutes or just until they turn pink and opaque.
- To serve, place about 3 artichoke hearts on each of 6 plates. Top each serving with 2 shrimp. Drizzle vinaigrette over tops. Garnish with fresh Italian parsley, if desired.
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
Recipe Yield: Servings: 6
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 2 grams
Sodium: 236 milligrams
Protein: 12 grams
Carbohydrates: 19 grams
1 Lean Meat; 1 Fruit; 1 Vegetable