- 6 large leeks
- 1/2 pound mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp dried tarragon leaves
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp white pepper
- 2 cups low-fat (1% fat) milk
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- Trim root ends and tough, dark green tops off leeks. Split leeks lengthwise, rinse with water, and slice thinly to make 1 quart of cut leeks.
- In a large, heavy soup pot sprayed with nonstick spray, cook leeks, mushrooms, garlic, tarragon and pepper over medium-high heat, stirring often for 15 minutes. Cover pot if vegetables become too dry.
- In a blender, mix flour with milk. Add to cooked vegetables. Add chicken broth and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened.
Recipe Yield: Prep Time: 25 Minutes - Cost: $``Servings: 8 - Difficulty Level: 2
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 2 grams
Sodium: 407 milligrams
Cholesterol: 4 milligrams
Protein: 9 grams
Carbohydrates: 16 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
2 vegetable; 1/2 low-fat milk
Source: Suzi Castle's Deliciously Healthy Favorite Foods
Book Title: Suzi Castle's Deliciously Healthy Favorite Foods
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.