- 1-1/2 cups packed basil leaves
- 1/2 cup packed baby spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated Asiago cheese
- 2 Tbsp. soft silken tofu
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. grated lemon zest
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into 3/4" strips
- 1 pint small cherry tomatoes
- In food processor, pulse basil and spinach until finely chopped. Add nuts and cheese. Whirl until nuts are finely chopped. Add tofu, salt and pepper. With motor running, drizzle in oil. Add lemon zest and whirl to blend. Cover and refrigerate up to 24 hours. Makes 1 cup pesto.
- To serve, scoop pesto into serving bowl. Set bowl in center of a plate and arrange pepper strips and tomatoes around it. Provide toothpicks so tomatoes can be neatly dipped.
Recipe Yield: Yield: Makes 8 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 12 grams
Saturated Fat: 2 grams
Fiber: 2 grams
Sodium: 180 milligrams
Protein: 3 grams
Carbohydrates: 4 grams
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.