- 4 (4-ounce) fresh or frozen orange roughy fillets
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 cup fresh cauliflower florets
- 1 cup julienne-cut carrots
- 1 cup sliced fresh white mushrooms
- 1/2 cup diagonally sliced celery
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat the oven to 450 degrees. Thaw roughy if frozen. Place 1 tablespoon butter into a 13x9-inch glass or ceramic baking dish and melt in the oven. Place roughy fillets in melted butter and turn to coat, arranging fillets in a single layer. Sprinkle with lemon juice and pepper. Bake for 5 minutes. Remove from the oven.
- While fish is baking, melt remaining 1 tablespoon butter in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and cook until lightly browned. Add broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, mushrooms, celery, salt, and basil. Cook, stirring, for 5 to 6 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Spoon hot vegetables into the center of the baking dish, moving fish to the sides of the dish. Sprinkle vegetables and fish with Parmesan cheese.
- Return the dish to the oven and bake an additional 3 to 5 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 4 servings``Serving Size: 4 ounces fish with 1-1/4 cups vegetables
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 11 grams
Sodium: 216 milligrams
Cholesterol: 38 milligrams
Protein: 28 grams
Carbohydrates: 7 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
4 Very Lean Meat, 1 Fat, 1 Vegetable
Source: The Complete Idiot's Guide to Terrific Diabetic Meals
Book Title: The Complete Idiot's Guide to Terrific Diabetic Meals
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.