- 4 (4-ounce) fresh or frozen orange roughy fillets
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 cup fresh cauliflower florets
- 1 cup julienne-cut carrots
- 1 cup sliced fresh white mushrooms
- 1/2 cup diagonally sliced celery
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat the oven to 450 degrees. Thaw roughy if frozen. Place 1 tablespoon butter into a 13x9-inch glass or ceramic baking dish and melt in the oven. Place roughy fillets in melted butter and turn to coat, arranging fillets in a single layer. Sprinkle with lemon juice and pepper. Bake for 5 minutes. Remove from the oven.
- While fish is baking, melt remaining 1 tablespoon butter in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and cook until lightly browned. Add broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, mushrooms, celery, salt, and basil. Cook, stirring, for 5 to 6 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Spoon hot vegetables into the center of the baking dish, moving fish to the sides of the dish. Sprinkle vegetables and fish with Parmesan cheese.
- Return the dish to the oven and bake an additional 3 to 5 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 4 servings``Serving Size: 4 ounces fish with 1-1/4 cups vegetables
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 11 grams
Sodium: 216 milligrams
Cholesterol: 38 milligrams
Protein: 28 grams
Carbohydrates: 7 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
4 Very Lean Meat, 1 Fat, 1 Vegetable
Source: The Complete Idiot's Guide to Terrific Diabetic Meals
Book Title: The Complete Idiot's Guide to Terrific Diabetic Meals