- 12 cups torn romaine lettuce
- 2 cups diced grilled chicken breast or roast turkey
- 1 cup diced tomato
- 1 cup diced avocado
- 1 medium carrot, shredded with a potato peeler
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 2 hard boiled eggs, chopped
- 4 slices turkey bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 3/4 cup shredded nonfat or reduced-fat Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 3/4 cup nonfat or light ranch or olive oil vinaigrette salad dressing
- Arrange a quarter of the salad greens over the bottoms of each of 4 plates. Top the lettuce on each plate with a quarter of the chicken or turkey and a quarter of the tomato, avocado, carrot, and onion.
- Sprinkle each salad with some of the egg, bacon, cheese, and walnuts. Serve immediately accompanied by the dressing.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 4 servings``Serving size: 1/4 of recipe
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 16 grams
Sodium: 838 milligrams
Cholesterol: 166 milligrams
Protein: 40 grams
Carbohydrates: 27 grams
4 Lean Meat, 4 Vegetable, 2 Fat
Source: The Complete Diabetes Prevention Plan
Book Title: The Complete Diabetes Prevention Plan
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.