- 1 small pork tenderloin, (about 12 oz.)
- 4 slices bacon, diced
- 1 chipotle chile, (drained, if canned in adobo sauce; rehydrated in warm water if dried), chopped*
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 red bell pepper, OR green, cut into thin strips
- 1 small onion, cut in half and thinly sliced
- 3 cups romaine lettuce, OR iceberg lettuce, coarsely chopped
- Slice pork tenderloin in half lengthwise, and then cut crosswise thinly.
- Toss pork, bacon and chipotle pieces together in small bowl, set aside.
- Combine oil, cumin, oregano and garlic and heat in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the bell pepper and onion, stir-fry 2-3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Remove and reserve.
- In same skillet, stir-fry the pork, bacon and chile for 2-3 minutes, until pork is just done and bacon crisp.
- Return the vegetables to the skillet and heat through. Serve over lettuce.
* Wear rubber gloves when handling hot chiles
The dual smoky flavors of bacon and chipotle chile (smoked jalapeno) liven up this quick and healthful stir-fry with pork tenderloin. The contrasts in temperature and texture – a hot savory stir-fry over cool crunchy lettuce – is a treat for the palate.
Recipe Yield: Yield: Serves 4.
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 11 grams
Saturated Fat: 3 grams
Fiber: 2 grams
Sodium: 150 milligrams
Cholesterol: 60 milligrams
Protein: 22 grams
Carbohydrates: 6 grams
Recipe and image appear courtesy of the National Pork Board.
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.