- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, pressed or minced
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3-1/2 cups chicken broth (low-sodium)
- 1 large russet potato, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 cup diced cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 cup shredded light jarlsberg cheese
- In a 2 to 3 quart pan, combine butter, onion, and garlic. Stir occasionally over medium heat until onion is limp and slightly tinged with brown, about 10 minutes. Stir in flour to coat onion. Gradually stir in broth, and bring to a boil on high heat.
- Add potato; cover and simmer over low heat until potato is tender when pierced, 15 to 20 minutes. Add chicken; cover and simmer just until chicken is hot, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in basil. Ladle into bowl and offer cheese to add to taste.
Recipe Yield: Prep Time: 15 Minutes - Cost: $``Servings: 4 - Difficulty Level: 2
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 5.1 grams
Sodium: 168 miligrams
Protein: 19 grams
1 Starch, 2-1/2 Low-Fat Meat
Source: The Diabetic Newsletter
Book Title: The Diabetic Newsletter
Recipe Options - Cool Things You Can Do
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.