- 4 beef round tip center steaks, cut 3/4 inch thick
- 1/3 cup country Dijon-style mustard
- 2 tablespoons coarsely ground mixed peppercorns
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 fresh mild green chili peppers such as Anaheim peppers
- Combine mustard, peppercorns and cumin in small bowl. Remove and reserve 1/2 for brushing. Spread remaining mustard mixture on both sides of steaks. Cover and marinate in refrigerator 1 hour.
- Combine butter, cilantro and garlic in small bowl. Set aside.
- Place steaks and peppers on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 8 to 9 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill 8 to 11 minutes) until steaks are medium rare (145F) doneness and peppers are blackened, turning occasionally and brushing steaks with reserved mustard mixture during the last 4 minutes. (Do not overcook.)
- Remove blackened peppers; cover and let stand 5 minutes. Remove skin, stems and seeds. Chop peppers and stir 1/2 into butter mixture. Top each steak with 1 teaspoon butter mixture. Sprinkle with remaining chopped peppers. Serve with remaining butter.
Recipe Yield: Makes 4 servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 1 grams
Sodium: 581 milligrams
Cholesterol: 108 milligrams
Protein: 37 grams
Carbohydrates: 9 grams
Recipe and photo appears courtesy of Cattlemen's Beef Promotion Board.