- 4 beef round tip center steaks, cut 3/4 inch thick
- 1/3 cup country Dijon-style mustard
- 2 tablespoons coarsely ground mixed peppercorns
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 fresh mild green chili peppers such as Anaheim peppers
- Combine mustard, peppercorns and cumin in small bowl. Remove and reserve 1/2 for brushing. Spread remaining mustard mixture on both sides of steaks. Cover and marinate in refrigerator 1 hour.
- Combine butter, cilantro and garlic in small bowl. Set aside.
- Place steaks and peppers on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 8 to 9 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill 8 to 11 minutes) until steaks are medium rare (145F) doneness and peppers are blackened, turning occasionally and brushing steaks with reserved mustard mixture during the last 4 minutes. (Do not overcook.)
- Remove blackened peppers; cover and let stand 5 minutes. Remove skin, stems and seeds. Chop peppers and stir 1/2 into butter mixture. Top each steak with 1 teaspoon butter mixture. Sprinkle with remaining chopped peppers. Serve with remaining butter.
Recipe Yield: Makes 4 servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 1 grams
Sodium: 581 milligrams
Cholesterol: 108 milligrams
Protein: 37 grams
Carbohydrates: 9 grams
Recipe and photo appears courtesy of Cattlemen's Beef Promotion Board.
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.