- 1 beef shank bone with 1lb. meat
- 2-1/2 quarts water
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/3 cup chopped celery leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tsp Morton Lite Salt Mixture
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1 envelope (1oz.) onion soup mix
- 1 can (15oz.) stewed tomatoes with juice
- 1 package (10oz.) frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 cup peeled, diced potatoes
- 1 cup sliced celery
- Remove any fat from the beef.
- In a large, covered soup pot, simmer the beef bone with meat in water with bay leaves, celery leaves, parsley, Morton Lite Salt Mixture, pepper, and onion soup mix until meat is tender, about 2-1/2 hours.
- Remove the one, meat and bay leaves. Chill broth and remove any fat. Cut meat into bite size pieves and return to broth. Discard bone and bay leaves.
- Add tomatoes, frozen vegetables, potatoes, and celery.
- Cover and simmer for 25 minutes. Serve hot.
Recipe Yield: Servings: 10
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 2.46 grams
Sodium: 306 milligrams
Cholesterol: 28 milligrams
Protein: 12.2 grams
Carbohydrates: 9 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
1 lean meat; 1/2 bread; 1 vegetable
Source: Suzi Castle's Deliciously Healthy Favorite Foods
Book Title: Suzi Castle's Deliciously Healthy Favorite Foods
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.