- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1 cup pitted chopped dates
- 3/4 cup pitted chopped prunes
- 1/2 cup dark raisins
- 6 tablespoons stick butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup Equal Spoonful or Granulated*
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts
* May substitute 24 packets Equal sweetener
- Combine water, dates, prunes and raisins in medium saucepan. Bring to boil over medium heat. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, until fruit is tender and water is absorbed, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in butter until melted. Cool mixture to room temperature.
- Beat eggs and vanilla into fruit mixture. Mix in combined flour, Equal, baking soda, spices and salt. Spread batter in sprayed 8-inch square baking pan. Sprinkle with nuts.
- Bake in preheated 350F oven 30 to 35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars. Store in airtight containers at room temperature.
An easy to make saucepan bar cookie.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 24 servings
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 4 grams
Sodium: 84 milligrams
Cholesterol: 25 milligrams
Protein: 2 grams
Carbohydrates: 15 grams
1 starch, 1/2 fat
Recipe and image appear courtesy of Equal.