- 4 ounces uncooked spinach rotini or fusilli
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans (chickpeas), drained and rinsed
- 1/3 cup finely chopped carrot
- 1/3 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 2 green onions with tops, chopped
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons reduced calorie mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons prepared whole-grain mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Leaf lettuce
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt. Drain and rinse well under cold water until pasta is cool; drain well.
- Combine pasta, garbanzo beans, carrot, celery, bell pepper and green onions in medium bowl.
- Whisk together vinegar, mayonnaise, mustard, black pepper and Italian seasoning in small bowl until blended. Pour over salad; toss to coat evenly. Cover and refrigerate up to 8 hours.
- Arrange lettuce on individual plates. Spoon salad over lettuce and garnish with cherry tomatoes, if desired.
Recipe Yield: Servings: 8 (Serving = 1/2 cup)
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 2 grams
Sodium: 242 milligrams
Cholesterol: 1 milligrams
Protein: 5 grams
Carbohydrates: 22 grams
1-1/2 Starch/Bread, 1/2 Fat