- 1-1/2 pounds (6 to 7 medium) tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 4 to 5 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (juice of 1 large lemon) to taste
- 1 green chili pepper, finely minced
- 3 tablespoons cilantro or parsley, very finely minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Place the tomatoes in a bowl or on a platter. Combine the remaining ingredients and toss with the tomatoes. Serve at once or chill and serve. The salad will keep for 2 to 3 hours in the refrigerator.
This is one of my favorite Egyptian salads. Finely minced chili pepper is what makes it unique.
Recipe Yield: Serves: 4 to 6
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 5 grams
Sodium: 10 milligrams
Protein: 1 grams
Carbohydrates: 7 grams
Source: Mediterranean Light
Book Title: Mediterranean Light
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.