- Vegetable oil cooking spray
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 teaspoons brown sugar
- 4 (3 ounces) boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- Preheat the oven to 500 degrees F. Line a shallow roasting pan with foil; spray the foil with cooking spray.
- Heat oil in a small nonstick skillet over medium-low heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring frequently, for 1 to 2 minutes or until it begins to soften. Remove from heat and stir in brown sugar until well mixed.
- Place chicken breast halves in the prepared pan. Spread garlic mixture evenly over chicken.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through, no longer pink, and its juices run clear.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 4 servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 7 grams
Sodium: 5 milligrams
Cholesterol: 129 milligrams
Protein: 25 grams
Carbohydrates: 5 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
6 Lean Meat, 1 Fat, 1/2 Fruit
Source: The Complete Idiot's Guide to Terrific Diabetic Meals
Book Title: The Complete Idiot's Guide to Terrific Diabetic Meals
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.