- Vegetable oil cooking spray
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 teaspoons brown sugar
- 4 (3 ounces) boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- Preheat the oven to 500 degrees F. Line a shallow roasting pan with foil; spray the foil with cooking spray.
- Heat oil in a small nonstick skillet over medium-low heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring frequently, for 1 to 2 minutes or until it begins to soften. Remove from heat and stir in brown sugar until well mixed.
- Place chicken breast halves in the prepared pan. Spread garlic mixture evenly over chicken.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through, no longer pink, and its juices run clear.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 4 servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 7 grams
Sodium: 5 milligrams
Cholesterol: 129 milligrams
Protein: 25 grams
Carbohydrates: 5 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
6 Lean Meat, 1 Fat, 1/2 Fruit
Source: The Complete Idiot's Guide to Terrific Diabetic Meals
Book Title: The Complete Idiot's Guide to Terrific Diabetic Meals