- 1-1/2 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon chili paste
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 pound medium shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh grated gingerroot
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup unsalted, dry-roasted peanuts
- In a small bowl, combine hoisin sauce, sherry, sugar, and chili paste. Mix well and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine egg white and cornstarch. Beat well. Add shrimp and mix well to coat. Set aside.
- Heat oil in large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add shrimp, ginger, and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 2 to 3 minutes or until shrimp are opaque-pink. Add hoisin-sauce mixture. Cook, stirring, for 1 to 2 minutes or until shrimp are well coated. Stir in peanuts and serve.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 4 servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 10 grams
Fiber: 1 grams
Sodium: 223 milligrams
Cholesterol: 172 milligrams
Protein: 25 grams
Carbohydrates: 5 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
3 Lean Meat, 2 Fat, 1/2 Fruit
Source: The Complete Idiot's Guide to Terrific Diabetic Meals
Book Title: The Complete Idiot's Guide to Terrific Diabetic Meals
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.