- 1 pound asparagus
- Try to select medium-size asparagus. Break off tough ends and discard. Wash stalks in cold water.
- Place a steamer basket in a skillet or pot and fill with enough water until it just touches the bottom of the steamer basket. Place over high heat and bring to a boil.
- Add asparagus and cover. Steam for 5 to 8 minutes, or until tender, depending on the thickness of spears.
- Remove asparagus with tongs and drain.
- Serve immediately, at room temperature, or very slightly cooled.
Serving size: 4 ounces Asparagus or 1/4 of recipe
Recipe Yield: Yield: 4 servings
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fiber: 2 grams
Sodium: 2 milligrams
Protein: 2.5 grams
Carbohydrates: 5 grams