- 1 small eggplant, sliced into thick rounds
- 1 zucchini, cut into thick, diagonal slices
- 1 yellow summer squash, cut into thick slices
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into eighths
- 1 small red onion, sliced and cut into 8 segments
- 2 Tbsp. balsamic or red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil, or 1 Tbsp. dried
- 1/4 cup non-fat yogurt
- 2 Tbsp. reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp. minced fresh basil, or 1 tsp. dried
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- Thread skewers with alternating pieces of eggplant, zucchini, squash, bell pepper and onion. Place skewered vegetables in shallow pan.
- Make marinade for vegetables by blending vinegar, oil and 1/4 cup fresh basil (or 1 Tbsp. dried). Pour over vegetables. Let stand 10 minutes, occasionally turning skewers so marinade coats all sides.
- Meanwhile, make dressing. Place yogurt, mayonnaise, 1 Tbsp. fresh basil (or 1 tsp. dried) and lemon juice in a blender and mix until smooth. Transfer to small pitcher.
- Grill vegetables, adjusting height of rack to avoid charring if using an outdoor grill.
- Serve vegetables as a side dish, as a sandwich filling in pita halves, or on sliced French bread or bruschetta. Pass basil-yogurt dressing to use as a topping.
Recipe Yield: Makes 8 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 6 grams
Sodium: 44 milligrams
Protein: 2 grams
Carbohydrates: 10 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
2 Vegetable; 1 Fat
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.