- 1 can (8 ounces) whole tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped jalapeno chile
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 red snapper fillets (1 pound total)
- Heat oven to 500 degrees F. Tear off four 15x12-inch sheets of aluminum foil. Combine tomatoes, onion, ginger, garlic, jalapeno and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a small bowl; set the salsa aside.
- Sprinkle snapper fillets with remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt. Place 1 fillet on each piece of foil. Top each fillet with 2 tablespoons salsa. Seal packets tightly, folding the edges over twice.
- Heat a large baking sheet in heated 500 degree F. oven about 2 minutes.
- Place packets on heated baking sheet; bake 8 minutes or until fish is cooked through. Let each diner carefully cut open his or her own packet.
Recipe Yield: Serves: 4
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 2 grams
Sodium: 605 milligrams
Cholesterol: 47 milligrams
Protein: 27 grams
Carbohydrates: 4 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
3-1/2 Low-Fat Meat
Source: Family Circle's All-time Favorite Recipes
Book Title: Family Circle's All-time Favorite Recipes
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.