- 1-1/4 pounds halibut, striped bass or tilapia fillet, cut into 4 portions
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chiles
- 1/4 cup sliced green olives with pimentos
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray. Arrange fish on baking sheet. Season with 1/2 teaspoon cumin, salt and pepper.
- Combine tomatoes, olives, cilantro, oil and remaining 1/2 teaspoon cumin in a small bowl. Spoon over the fish.
- Bake the fish until flaky and opaque in the center 12 to 15 minutes. Serve immediately.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 4 servings``Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 5 grams
Sodium: 673 milligrams
Cholesterol: 45 milligrams
Protein: 30 grams
Carbohydrates: 3 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
4 Very Lean Meat, 1 Fat
Source: The Eating Well Diabetes Cookbook
Book Title: The Eating Well Diabetes Cookbook