- 1-1/4 pounds halibut, striped bass or tilapia fillet, cut into 4 portions
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chiles
- 1/4 cup sliced green olives with pimentos
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray. Arrange fish on baking sheet. Season with 1/2 teaspoon cumin, salt and pepper.
- Combine tomatoes, olives, cilantro, oil and remaining 1/2 teaspoon cumin in a small bowl. Spoon over the fish.
- Bake the fish until flaky and opaque in the center 12 to 15 minutes. Serve immediately.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 4 servings``Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 5 grams
Sodium: 673 milligrams
Cholesterol: 45 milligrams
Protein: 30 grams
Carbohydrates: 3 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
4 Very Lean Meat, 1 Fat
Source: The Eating Well Diabetes Cookbook
Book Title: The Eating Well Diabetes Cookbook
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.