- 4 to 4 1/2 cups (1 to 1.125 L) all-purpose flour
- 1 (8 g) envelope quick-rise instant yeast
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) Splenda No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated
- 2-1/2 tsp (12 mL) cinnamon
- 1 tsp (5 mL) allspice
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) raisins
- 1-1/2 cups (375 mL) skim milk
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) margarine
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) water
- Mix 3 cups (750 mL) flour, yeast, Splenda Granulated, spices, salt and raisins in large bowl.
- Heat milk and margarine until hot to touch 125F (50C). Stir into dry ingredients. Mix in 2 eggs. Stir in enough remaining flour to make a soft dough. Knead 5 minutes on floured board. Cover and let rest 10 minutes.
- Divide dough into 16 pieces. Shape each piece into a smooth ball pinching at bottom to seal. Place seam side down on greased baking sheet about 2 inches (5 cm) apart. Flatten each to about 1/2 inch (2 cm) thickness. Cover, let rise in warm, draft-free place until doubled in bulk, 45 to 60 minutes.
- Mix egg yolk and water; brush over surface of buns. With sharp knife or scissors, cut a cross in top of each bun.
- Bake at 375F for 15 to 18 minutes or until browned
Recipe Yield: Yield: 16 servingsServing Size: 1 bun
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 4 grams
Fiber: 3 grams
Protein: 5 grams
Carbohydrates: 30 grams
Recipe and image appear courtesy of Splenda.
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.