- 5 cups (5 ounces) packed torn spinach leaves (about 1/2 of a 10-ounce bag), washed and thick stems removed
- 1-1/2 cups (3 ounces) thinly sliced mushrooms
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced red onion rings
- 1/3 cup prepared fat-free or light red French or honey Dijon salad dressing
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup croutons (optional)
- In a large bowl, combine the spinach, mushrooms, and onion; toss to mix.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad; toss to coat the greens.
- Sprinkle the salad with freshly ground pepper and top with croutons if desired.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 6 cups (4 servings)
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fiber: 1 grams
Sodium: 208 milligrams
Protein: 2 grams
Carbohydrates: 10 grams
Sugars: 7 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
1/2 Starch, 1 Vegetable
Source: Light and Easy Diabetes Cuisine
Book Title: Light and Easy Diabetes Cuisine