- 5 cups (5 ounces) packed torn spinach leaves (about 1/2 of a 10-ounce bag), washed and thick stems removed
- 1-1/2 cups (3 ounces) thinly sliced mushrooms
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced red onion rings
- 1/3 cup prepared fat-free or light red French or honey Dijon salad dressing
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup croutons (optional)
- In a large bowl, combine the spinach, mushrooms, and onion; toss to mix.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad; toss to coat the greens.
- Sprinkle the salad with freshly ground pepper and top with croutons if desired.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 6 cups (4 servings)
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fiber: 1 grams
Sodium: 208 milligrams
Protein: 2 grams
Carbohydrates: 10 grams
Sugars: 7 grams
1/2 Starch, 1 Vegetable
Source: Light and Easy Diabetes Cuisine
Book Title: Light and Easy Diabetes Cuisine
Recipe Options - Cool Things You Can Do
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.