- 4-5 pound pork loin roast, boneless
- 1/2 cup fresh basil
- 1 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 1/2 pound Italian sausage
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- In a food processor or blender, blend together the fresh basil, 1 cup parsley, pine nuts, garlic and Parmesan cheese. Set aside.
- Mix together well the ground pork, Italian sausage, bread crumbs, milk, egg, remaining parsley and pepper.
- Butterfly pork loin by cutting through roast horizontally to within 1/4-inch of the other side. Do not cut all the way through. Open out to roughly a rectangle. Spread with the herb-cheese mixture and place the ground pork mixture along center of loin. Fold in half, tie; roast at 350 degrees F. for 1 1/2 hours (20 minutes per pound) until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 145 degrees F. Remove roast from oven; let rest 10 minutes. Slice to serve.
This colorful stuffed roast makes a flavorful centerpiece to your next gathering. Treat your guests by serving this along side of sauteed vegetables and seasoned couscous.
Recipe Yield: Yield: Serves 10
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 22 grams
Saturated Fat: 8 grams
Fiber: 1 grams
Sodium: 459 milligrams
Cholesterol: 156 milligrams
Protein: 54 grams
Carbohydrates: 11 grams
Recipe and image appear courtesy of the National Pork Board.
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.