- 4 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 tablespoons margarine
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 tablespoon caraway seeds
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 cups Original Flavored Vitasoy soymilk
- Preheat oven to 425°. Sift together flour, sugar, salt, and baking soda into large mixing bowl.
- Using a pastry cutter or two knives, work margarine into flour mixture until it resembles coarse meal, then stir in raisins and caraway seeds.
- Add egg and soymilk and mix in with a wooden spoon until dough is too stiff to stir. Dust hands with flour, gently kneading until dough is in a ball. Add flour if dough is too sticky but do not over knead. Shape into a round loaf.
- Transfer dough to lightly greased cast-iron skillet or a baking sheet. Score top of dough about 1/2" deep in an "X" shape using a knife. Bake until bread is golden, 35-45 minutes. Stick a straw in the center and when it comes out clean, it's done. Cool briefly and serve.
Recipe Yield: Makes 25 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 3 grams
Sodium: 180 milligrams
Cholesterol: 10 milligrams
Protein: 4 grams
Carbohydrates: 24 grams
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.