- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices, then cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup shredded or shaved Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, over medium heat, warm olive oil; add red pepper, asparagus, salt, and pepper. Saute until asparagus is tender but still crisp, about 5 minutes.
- Add vinegar to skillet and stir to combine with vegetables. Remove from heat and transfer mixture to a serving dish; cool slightly. Top vegetables with the Parmesan cheese and serve while still warm.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 4 servings
Carbohydrates: 0 grams