- 1-1/2 pound small turnips, peeled and quartered
- 1 ripe bartlett pear, about 6 ounces, peeled, cored and chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, roasted and peeled
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 2 tablespoons skim milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Steam turnips over boiling water until fork tender, about 15 minutes.
- Drain turnips and place in a food processor or blender along with pear, garlic, and margarine.
- Process until smooth, adding skim milk as needed.
- Season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
Recipe Yield: Servings: 8
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 2 grams
Protein: 1 grams
Carbohydrates: 7 grams
Source: The Diabetic Newsletter
Recipe Options - Cool Things You Can Do
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.