- 1 pound (about 30) cooked shrimp, peeled, tails left on
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 green onions with green tops, chopped
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, seeds removed, jalapeno finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped roasted red pepper or pimiento
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 6 large leaves Boston or red leaf lettuce
- Place the shrimp in a glass bowl or zip-top bag.
- Combine all the other ingredients except the lettuce in a small bowl; pour over the shrimp. Toss well to cover all surfaces of the shrimp. Refrigerate at least 1 hour to marinate, turning every 30 minutes.
- Lift the shrimp, with onion and pepper bits, from the marinade with a slotted spoon. Discard the marinade. Serve the shrimp on lettuce leaves.
Contains 1g dietary fiber and 2g sugars
Recipe Yield: Makes 30 shrimp (6 servings)
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 5 grams
Sodium: 125 milligrams
Cholesterol: 114 milligrams
Protein: 16 grams
Carbohydrates: 4 grams
2 Lean Meat
Source: The New Family Cookbook For People with Diabetes
Book Title: The New Family Cookbook For People with Diabetes
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.