- 1 pound (about 30) cooked shrimp, peeled, tails left on
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 green onions with green tops, chopped
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, seeds removed, jalapeno finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped roasted red pepper or pimiento
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 6 large leaves Boston or red leaf lettuce
- Place the shrimp in a glass bowl or zip-top bag.
- Combine all the other ingredients except the lettuce in a small bowl; pour over the shrimp. Toss well to cover all surfaces of the shrimp. Refrigerate at least 1 hour to marinate, turning every 30 minutes.
- Lift the shrimp, with onion and pepper bits, from the marinade with a slotted spoon. Discard the marinade. Serve the shrimp on lettuce leaves.
Contains 1g dietary fiber and 2g sugars
Recipe Yield: Makes 30 shrimp (6 servings)
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 5 grams
Sodium: 125 milligrams
Cholesterol: 114 milligrams
Protein: 16 grams
Carbohydrates: 4 grams
2 Lean Meat
Source: The New Family Cookbook For People with Diabetes
Book Title: The New Family Cookbook For People with Diabetes