- 4 (4-oz.) skinless fish fillets, e.g. halibut
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 2 medium zucchini, trimmed, sliced thin
- 1/2 red onion, cut into very thin slivers
- 1 strip (about 1/2 inch wide) orange peel
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Firmly hold one end of the strip of orange peel skin side down on a cutting board. With the other hand, holding a knife at a low, almost horizontal, angle, cut away the white pith, starting at the end being held down and working down the strip. Cut the strip lengthwise into 4 long, narrow strips.
- Cut four pieces of foil about 12 inches long. Place a fish fillet in center of each piece. Rub garlic into fish. Sprinkle lemon juice over fish.
- Sprinkle one-fourth of the zucchini, onion, orange zest strips and basil on top of each fillet. Season fillets with salt and pepper and drizzle with oil. Crimp edges of foil together to seal.
- Bake fish 15 minutes. Remove and let cool slightly. Carefully open packets and transfer fish to plates. Top with vegetablesand juices and serve.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 4 servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 5 grams
Sodium: 62 milligrams
Protein: 24 grams
Carbohydrates: 2 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
3 Lean Meat, 1 Vegetable