- 8 ounces fresh or steamed Chinese egg noodles
- 1/4 cup 1/3-less-salt chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoons rice wine or dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon sugar substitute
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, divided
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1-1/2 cups fresh pea pods, sliced diagonally
- 1 cup thinly sliced green or red bell pepper
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup thinly sliced red or green cabbage
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Cook noodles in boiling water 4 to 5 minutes or until tender. Drain and set aside.
- Combine chicken broth, soy sauce, vinegar, rice wine, sugar substitute and crushed red pepper in small bowl; set aside.
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in large nonstick skillet or wok over high heat. Add garlic, pea pods and bell pepper; cook 1 to 2 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Set aside.
- Heat remaining 2 teaspoons oil in skillet. Add chicken and cook 3 to 4 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Add cabbage, cooked vegetables and noodles. Stir in sauce; toss to coat evenly. Cook and stir 1 to 2 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with green onions before serving.
Recipe Yield: Servings: 6 (Serving = 1-1/3 Cup)
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 4 grams
Sodium: 353 milligrams
Cholesterol: 45 milligrams
Protein: 17 grams
Carbohydrates: 9 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
1/2 Starch/Bread, 2 Lean Meat, 1 Vegetable