- 1-1/2 pounds 95-percent-lean ground beef or ground turkey
- 2 cups very finely chopped fresh mushrooms
- 3/4 cup very finely chopped onion
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking (1-minute) oats
- 8-ounce can tomato sauce with roasted garlic or Italian herbs
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons fat-free egg substitute
- 1/4 cup very finely chopped fresh parsley, or 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Place all of the ingredients except for 1/2 cup of the tomato sauce in a large bowl, and mix well.
- Coat a 9-by-5-inch meatloaf pan with nonstick cooking spray and press the mixture into the pan to form a loaf.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 35 minutes. Spread the remaining tomato sauce over the meatloaf and bake for 30 additional minutes, or until the meat is no longer pink inside and a meat thermometer reads at least 160 degrees.
- Remove the loaf from the oven, and let sit for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 8 servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 4.4 grams
Saturated Fat: 1.6 grams
Fiber: 1.7 grams
Sodium: 399 milligrams
Cholesterol: 45 milligrams
Protein: 20 grams
Carbohydrates: 9 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
1/2 Bread/Starch, 3 Low-Fat Meat, 1 Vegetable
Source: Secrets of Good-Carb Low-Carb Living
Book Title: Secrets of Good-Carb Low-Carb Living
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.