- 4 grouper fillets (5 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon Greek seasoning
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cups chopped fresh spinach
- 2 medium plum tomatoes, diced
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat feta cheese (plain or with sun-dried tomatoes and herbs)
- Rinse the fillets with cool water and pat dry with paper towels. Sprinkle both sides of each fillet with some of the Greek seasoning.
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with the olive oil and preheat over medium-high heat. Add the fish and cook for several minutes, until nicely browned on the bottom.
- Turn the fillets, cover, and cook for several minutes more, until the fish turns opaque and flakes easily with a fork. Remove the fish from the skillet and set aside to keep warm.
- Add the spinach, tomatoes, garlic, and wine to the skillet. Cook over medium-high heat for a couple of minutes, until the spinach is wilted and the tomatoes just begin to soften. Add a little more wine if the skillet starts to dry out, but only enough to prevent scorching.
- Place a fish fillet on each of 4 serving plates and top each fillet with a quarter of the vegetable mixture and a sprinkling of the feta cheese. Serve hot.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 4 servings
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 8 grams
Saturated Fat: 2 grams
Fiber: 1 grams
Sodium: 482 milligrams
Cholesterol: 57 milligrams
Protein: 32 grams
Carbohydrates: 3 grams
3 Very Lean Meat, 1 Vegetable, 1 Fat
Source: The Complete Diabetes Prevention Plan
Book Title: The Complete Diabetes Prevention Plan
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.