- 1 cup dry-pack unsweetened frozen strawberries
- 2/3 cup dry-pack unsweetened frozen peaches
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- In a 2-cup measure or similar microwave-safe bowl, combine the strawberries and peaches.
- Cover with wax paper, and microwave on high power 45 seconds to 1 minute to thaw the fruit slightly. The fruit should be icy but not hard.
- Working with a small knife in the measuring cup, cut each peach slice in half.
- Transfer the peaches and strawberries to a blender container.
- Add the orange juice. Blend on low power to combine. Then increase power to high and continue to blend until the peaches are completely pureed, at least 1-1/2 minutes.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 2 servings Serving size: 1 cup
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fiber: 3 grams
Sodium: 2 milligrams
Protein: 2 grams
Carbohydrates: 26 grams
Sugars: 23 grams
Source: The Diabetes Snack, Munch, Nibble, Nosh Book
Book Title: The Diabetes Snack, Munch, Nibble, Nosh Book