- 5 cups (about 1-1/2 pound) red-skinned potatoes, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 3/4 teaspoon basil
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 3/4 teaspoon dried marjoram leaves
- 1/8 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste (optional)
- 2-3 drops hot pepper sauce
- 1 small cucumber, peeled, seeded, and cubed
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives or green onions
- In a small pot or very large saucepan, combine the potatoes with 1 quart of boiling water. Cover and bring to a boil again. Reduce the heat, and boil 9 to 14 minutes. Do not overcook. Cool in a colander under cold running water. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, place the mayonnaise in a large serving bowl. Slowly add the buttermilk, whisking until smooth. Stir in the basil, thyme, marjoram, celery seed, salt (if desired), and hot pepper sauce. Stir in the cucumber and chives. Gently stir in the cooled and drained potatoes.
- Serve warm, or cover and refrigerate 1 to 2 hours, or cool in the freezer for 15 to 20 minutes. Cover and refrigerate. Leftover salad will keep in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 days.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 12 servingsServing size: 1/2 cup
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 2 grams
Fiber: 1 grams
Sodium: 45 milligrams
Cholesterol: 2 milligrams
Protein: 2 grams
Carbohydrates: 12 grams
Sugars: 2 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
Source: The Diabetes Snack Munch Nibble Nosh Book
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.