- 4 large ripe tomatoes, cored and sliced
- 1/2 large red onion, sliced thinly
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Arrange tomato and onion slices in shallow bowl. Stir together oil and vinegar, season to taste. Drizzle dressing over tomatoes and onions. Let stand for 30 minutes; garnish with chives.
This salad is best in season: With summer-ripe tomatoes, sweet onion and chives from the garden this is summer eating at its best.
Recipe Yield: Serves 8.
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 3 grams
Sodium: 300 milligrams
Protein: 1 grams
Carbohydrates: 4 grams
Recipe and image appear courtesy of the National Pork Board.
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.