- 4 large ripe tomatoes, cored and sliced
- 1/2 large red onion, sliced thinly
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Arrange tomato and onion slices in shallow bowl. Stir together oil and vinegar, season to taste. Drizzle dressing over tomatoes and onions. Let stand for 30 minutes; garnish with chives.
This salad is best in season: With summer-ripe tomatoes, sweet onion and chives from the garden this is summer eating at its best.
Recipe Yield: Serves 8.
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 3 grams
Sodium: 300 milligrams
Protein: 1 grams
Carbohydrates: 4 grams
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.