- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound turnips, peeled, cut into 2 x 1/2 x 1/2-inch strips
- 2 teaspoons dark Asian sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Bring 2 quarts water and 1/4 teaspoon salt to boiling in a large saucepan over high heat. Add turnips; return to boiling. Lower heat to medium; cover and cook 3 minutes or until turnips are just tender.
- Drain turnips. Turn into a large roasting pan. Stir in sesame oil, ginger, pepper and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Roast into heated 375 degree F. oven 40 minutes, stirring turnips several times with a wooden spoon.
Recipe Yield: Servings: 4
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 2 grams
Sodium: 343 milligrams
Protein: 1 grams
Carbohydrates: 7 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
1 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat
Source: Family Circle's All-Time Favorite Recipes
Book Title: Family Circle's All-Time Favorite Recipes