- 3 cups red potatoes, cooked, diced
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 1/4 cup parsley , chopped
- 4 slices bacon, diced
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons poppy seed
- In medium bowl combine potatoes, celery and parsley.
- In large nonstick skillet cook bacon over medium heat, removing and discarding most fat as it accumulates in pan. Add onion and sautÃ© until onion is tender but not browned, about 3-4 minutes.
- In small bowl combine water, flour, vinegar, sugar and seasonings; stir into skillet. Continue cooking, stirring constantly, over medium heat until mixture thickens.
- Remove from heat. Pour sauce mixture over potatoes. Toss gently to combine.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 6 servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 2 grams
Fiber: 2 grams
Sodium: 290 milligrams
Cholesterol: 5 milligrams
Protein: 4 grams
Carbohydrates: 29 grams
Recipe and image appear courtesy of the National Pork Board.
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.