- 1/2 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into very thin strips
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 Tbsp. canola oil, divided
- 1/2 large white onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium green bell pepper, seeded, cut in 1/2 inch strips
- 1 to 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded, cut lengthwise in thin strips
- 1/2 cup well-drained salsa
- 2-4 Tbsp. (according to taste) minced cilantro leaves
- 4 whole-wheat tortillas
- Sprinkle cumin over the chicken and rub in. Add chicken and lime juice to a container with a tight lid, cover and shake to mix well. Marinate in the refrigerator, 2 to 24 hours, shaking the container occasionally.
- About an hour before cooking the chicken, remove it from the marinade, pat dry with paper towels and set aside to allow it to come to room temperature.
- Add half of the oil to a medium, nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Stir in the onion, green and jalapeno peppers. Sauté until onions are lightly browned, about 10 minutes. Transfer vegetables to a plate and set aside. Do not clean the pan.
- Heat remaining oil in the pan over high heat until hot. Add chicken and cook until slightly browned, 1 to 4 minutes, depending on thinness. With a slotted spoon, transfer chicken to a plate.
- Place a tortilla on each of 4 plates. Add one-fourth of the chicken to each in a narrow band, leaving a 1-inch margin at each end of the tortilla. Top chicken with one-fourth of the vegetables, then one-fourth of the salsa, then one-fourth of the cilantro. Fold ends of the tortilla over the filling. Roll up as tightly as possible. Serve immediately.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 4 servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 5 grams
Saturated Fat: 1 grams
Fiber: 3 grams
Sodium: 350 milligrams
Protein: 17 grams
Carbohydrates: 26 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.