- 1/2 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into very thin strips
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 Tbsp. canola oil, divided
- 1/2 large white onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium green bell pepper, seeded, cut in 1/2 inch strips
- 1 to 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded, cut lengthwise in thin strips
- 1/2 cup well-drained salsa
- 2-4 Tbsp. (according to taste) minced cilantro leaves
- 4 whole-wheat tortillas
- Sprinkle cumin over the chicken and rub in. Add chicken and lime juice to a container with a tight lid, cover and shake to mix well. Marinate in the refrigerator, 2 to 24 hours, shaking the container occasionally.
- About an hour before cooking the chicken, remove it from the marinade, pat dry with paper towels and set aside to allow it to come to room temperature.
- Add half of the oil to a medium, nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Stir in the onion, green and jalapeno peppers. Sauté until onions are lightly browned, about 10 minutes. Transfer vegetables to a plate and set aside. Do not clean the pan.
- Heat remaining oil in the pan over high heat until hot. Add chicken and cook until slightly browned, 1 to 4 minutes, depending on thinness. With a slotted spoon, transfer chicken to a plate.
- Place a tortilla on each of 4 plates. Add one-fourth of the chicken to each in a narrow band, leaving a 1-inch margin at each end of the tortilla. Top chicken with one-fourth of the vegetables, then one-fourth of the salsa, then one-fourth of the cilantro. Fold ends of the tortilla over the filling. Roll up as tightly as possible. Serve immediately.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 4 servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 5 grams
Saturated Fat: 1 grams
Fiber: 3 grams
Sodium: 350 milligrams
Protein: 17 grams
Carbohydrates: 26 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵
Recipe Options - Cool Things You Can Do
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.