- 6 cups 1/3-less-salt chicken broth, divided
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced leek (white part only)
- 1/2 cup chopped carrot
- 1/2 cup peeled and chopped turnip
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1-1/2 teaspoons fresh thyme or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoons fresh rosemary or 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 ounces uncooked "no-yolk" broad noodles
- 1 cup diced cooked chicken
- Place 1/3 cup chicken broth, celery, leek, carrot and turnip in large saucepan. Cover and cook over medium heat until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in remaining 5 -2/3 cups chicken broth, parsley, thyme, rosemary, vinegar and black pepper. Bring to a boil; add noodles. Cook until noodles are tender; stir in chicken. Reduce heat to medium. Simmer until heated through.
Recipe Yield: Servings: 6 (Serving = 1-1/2 cup)
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 2 grams
Sodium: 73 milligrams
Cholesterol: 18 milligrams
Protein: 10 grams
Carbohydrates: 12 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
1/2 Starch/Bread, 1 Lean Meat, 1/2 Vegetable
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.