- 6 cups 1/3-less-salt chicken broth, divided
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced leek (white part only)
- 1/2 cup chopped carrot
- 1/2 cup peeled and chopped turnip
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1-1/2 teaspoons fresh thyme or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoons fresh rosemary or 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 ounces uncooked "no-yolk" broad noodles
- 1 cup diced cooked chicken
- Place 1/3 cup chicken broth, celery, leek, carrot and turnip in large saucepan. Cover and cook over medium heat until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in remaining 5 -2/3 cups chicken broth, parsley, thyme, rosemary, vinegar and black pepper. Bring to a boil; add noodles. Cook until noodles are tender; stir in chicken. Reduce heat to medium. Simmer until heated through.
Recipe Yield: Servings: 6 (Serving = 1-1/2 cup)
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 2 grams
Sodium: 73 miligrams
Cholesterol: 18 miligrams
Protein: 10 grams
Carbohydrates: 12 grams
1/2 Starch/Bread, 1 Lean Meat, 1/2 Vegetable
Recipe Options - Cool Things You Can Do
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.