- 1 pound fresh green beans
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons shelled sunflower seeds
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano, or 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- Snap the ends off the beans. If they are very young, leave the beans whole; if large, break the beans into 2-inch lengths. Place the beans in a saucepan; add 1 cup water and the onion, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Cover and bring to a boil; reduce the heat to a simmer, and cook about 8 minutes, until the beans are crisp-tender; drain.
- Sprinkle the sunflower seeds and oregano over the beans. Toss lightly to mix.
Recipe Yield: Makes: About 3 cups (6 Servings)
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 2 grams
Fiber: 2 grams
Sodium: 37 milligrams
Protein: 2 grams
Carbohydrates: 6 grams
Sugars: 1 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
1 Vegetable, 1/2 Fat
Source: The New Family Cookbook For People with Diabetes
Book Title: The New Family Cookbook For People with Diabetes
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.