- 2 cups water
- 1 cup bulgur
- Kosher salt
- 1 cup pecan halves, toasted and roughly chopped
- 2 cups seedless California grapes, halved
- 2 cups packed kale or Swiss chard leaves, finely slivered
- 1/2 cup Italian parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest, finely grated
- Pinch cayenne
- Black pepper
- Bring 2 cups of water to a boil in a medium saucepan.
- Stir in bulgur and 1/2 teaspoon salt and remove from heat.
- Cover and let stand 20 minutes or until most of water is absorbed.
- Drain well and press to extract any excess water.
- Let cool and stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Season well with salt and black pepper.
- Serve room temperature or chilled.
Recipe Yield: 6 Servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 17 grams
Sodium: 181 milligrams
Protein: 6 grams
Carbohydrates: 33 grams
Source: California Table Grapes