- 8 medium sized leeks, trimmed well and washed
- 1 tablespoon Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Split the trimmed leeks lengthwise, leaving the white root ends whole.
- Make certain all sand and grit is rinsed off.
- Bundle leeks and tie with string.
- Drop into saucepan of boiling water and simmer, covered, for about 12 minutes, or until just tender.
- Serve immediately with vinegar and olive oil, or place in iced water to stop cooking and serve chilled topped with vinegar and olive oil.
Recipe Yield: Prep Time: 5 Minutes - Cost: $``Servings: 4 - Difficulty Level: 1
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 5 grams
Sodium: 46 milligrams
Protein: 1 grams
Carbohydrates: 8 grams
1 Vegetable, 1 Fat
Source: The Diabetic Newsletter
Recipe Options - Cool Things You Can Do
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.