- 8 medium sized leeks, trimmed well and washed
- 1 tablespoon Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Split the trimmed leeks lengthwise, leaving the white root ends whole.
- Make certain all sand and grit is rinsed off.
- Bundle leeks and tie with string.
- Drop into saucepan of boiling water and simmer, covered, for about 12 minutes, or until just tender.
- Serve immediately with vinegar and olive oil, or place in iced water to stop cooking and serve chilled topped with vinegar and olive oil.
Recipe Yield: Prep Time: 5 Minutes - Cost: $``Servings: 4 - Difficulty Level: 1
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 5 grams
Sodium: 46 milligrams
Protein: 1 grams
Carbohydrates: 8 grams
1 Vegetable, 1 Fat
Source: The Diabetic Newsletter
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.