- 2 small turkey tenderloins (about 1/2 pound each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- One 4-ounce can chopped green chilies, or 1/2 cup mild giardiniera pepper-vegetable mixture, drained
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Prepare a charcoal grill or preheat the broiler.
- Cut a pocket horizontally along the side of each tenderloin, making sure not to cut all the way through. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spray a medium skillet with non-stick pan spray. Saute the onion and garlic until softened, about 3 minutes. Stir in the green chilies and cilantro.
- Stuff the onion mixture into the pockets in the tenderloins; secure with small metal skewers or wooden toothpicks. Brush the tenderloins lightly with oil.
- Grill, covered, over medium-hot coals, or boil 6 inches from the heat source, about 8 to 10 minutes per side or until the tenderloins are cooked through. Cut on the diagonal into 1/2-inch slices.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 2 tenderloins (4 servings)
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 6 grams
Sodium: 259 milligrams
Cholesterol: 61 milligrams
Protein: 27 grams
Carbohydrates: 5 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
1 Vegetable, 4 Very Lean Meat, 1/2 Fat
Source: The New Family Cookbook for People with Diabetes
Book Title: The New Family Cookbook for People with Diabetes
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.