- 12 small new potatoes (1 pound total)
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pinch of freshly ground pepper
- Peel off a 1/2-inch strip of skin around the center of each potato.
- Place the potatoes in a steamer set over simmering water. Cover and steam until tender, 15 to 20 minutes. Drain and reserve.
- Heat the oil and garlic in a nonstick skillet large enough to hold the potatoes in one layer. Cook over medium heat until the garlic is fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add the potatoes and roll them in the oil mixture. Season with salt and pepper.
Recipe Yield: Serves: 4 (1 Serving = About 3 potatoes)
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 5 grams
Sodium: 153 milligrams
Protein: 3 grams
Carbohydrates: 19 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
1 Starch, 1 Fat
Source: The New Family Cookbook For People with Diabetes
Book Title: The New Family Cookbook For People with Diabetes