- 12 small new potatoes (1 pound total)
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pinch of freshly ground pepper
- Peel off a 1/2-inch strip of skin around the center of each potato.
- Place the potatoes in a steamer set over simmering water. Cover and steam until tender, 15 to 20 minutes. Drain and reserve.
- Heat the oil and garlic in a nonstick skillet large enough to hold the potatoes in one layer. Cook over medium heat until the garlic is fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add the potatoes and roll them in the oil mixture. Season with salt and pepper.
Recipe Yield: Serves: 4 (1 Serving = About 3 potatoes)
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 5 grams
Sodium: 153 milligrams
Protein: 3 grams
Carbohydrates: 19 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
1 Starch, 1 Fat
Source: The New Family Cookbook For People with Diabetes
Book Title: The New Family Cookbook For People with Diabetes
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.