Make homemade breakfast sausage that is healthier and lighter in sodium and fat. Serve these zero carb sausage patties with your breakfast or brunch – or as part of a breakfast sandwich. You can even make them ahead of time and store in the freezer until ready to use (just thaw and heat in a skillet or microwave). This is a diabetic and keto diet friendly recipe.
Recipe Yield: 8
- 1 Pound Ground Pork, Lean
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Rosemary
- 1/8 Teaspoon Ground Thyme
- 1/8 Teaspoon Dried Marjoram, Crushed
- 1/8 Teaspoon Pepper
- 1/8 Teaspoon Salt
- Combine all ingredients; mix well.
- Place in an air-tight container.
- Chill in the refrigerator 4 to 24 hours to allow flavors to blend.
- Shape into 1/2-inch thick patties.
- In skillet cook patties over medium heat about 4 to 5 minutes on each side, or until done.
Alternative Cooking Method: To broil, place patties on an unheated rack in broiler pan. Broil 5-inches from heat about 5 minutes on each side.
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 8 grams
Saturated Fat: 3 grams
Sodium: 65 milligrams
Cholesterol: 40 milligrams
Protein: 10 grams
Carbohydrates: 0 grams
Source: National Pork Board
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.