Make homemade breakfast sausage that is healthier and lighter in sodium and fat. Serve these zero carb sausage patties with your breakfast or brunch – or as part of a breakfast sandwich. You can even make them ahead of time and store in the freezer until ready to use (just thaw and heat in a skillet or microwave). This is a diabetic and keto diet friendly recipe.
Recipe Yield: 8
- 1 Pound Ground Pork, Lean
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Rosemary
- 1/8 Teaspoon Ground Thyme
- 1/8 Teaspoon Dried Marjoram, Crushed
- 1/8 Teaspoon Pepper
- 1/8 Teaspoon Salt
- Combine all ingredients; mix well.
- Place in an air-tight container.
- Chill in the refrigerator 4 to 24 hours to allow flavors to blend.
- Shape into 1/2-inch thick patties.
- In skillet cook patties over medium heat about 4 to 5 minutes on each side, or until done.
Alternative Cooking Method: To broil, place patties on an unheated rack in broiler pan. Broil 5-inches from heat about 5 minutes on each side.
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 8 grams
Saturated Fat: 3 grams
Sodium: 65 miligrams
Cholesterol: 40 miligrams
Protein: 10 grams
Source: National Pork Board
Recipe Options - Cool Things You Can Do
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.