- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup packed shredded peeled zucchini
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1/3 cup canola or corn oil
- 2 large eggs, or 1/2 cup egg substitute
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a 9x5-inch loaf pan with nonstick pan spray.
- Combine the flours, sugar, baking powder, salt, and baking soda in a large bowl. Stir in zucchini, walnuts, lemon zest, and cinnamon.
- Combine the milk, oil, and eggs; add to the dry ingredients and mix until the dry ingredients are moistened. Spread evenly in the prepared pan.
- Bake 50 to 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let the bread stand in the pan for 5 minutes; turn the loaf out onto a wire cooling rack. When cool, cut in 18 slices.
Serving: 1/2-inch thick slice. Also contains 1g dietary fiber and 6g sugars
Recipe Yield: Yields one 18-slice loaf.
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 6 grams
Sodium: 206 milligrams
Cholesterol: 24 milligrams
Protein: 2 grams
Carbohydrates: 15 grams
1 Starch, 1 Fat
Source: The New Family Cookbook For People with Diabetes
Book Title: The New Family Cookbook For People with Diabetes
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.