- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Combine oil, applesauce and cocoa. Add sugar and stir until dissolved. Add eggs and vanilla. Mix dry ingredients together and stir into the mixture.
- Pour the batter into a greased and floured (or wax paper lined & sprayed) 9 inch square pan. Sprinkle on nuts (optional).
- Bake about 20 to 30 minutes or until top is set but edges are not dried out. Toothpick will come out clean. Cut into 16 or 24 squares.
Recipe Yield: Servings: 16
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 7 grams
Sodium: 84 milligrams
Protein: 3 grams
Carbohydrates: 27 grams
1 Starch; 1 Fat; 1 Fruit
Recipe Options - Cool Things You Can Do
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.