- 1-1/4 cups Equal Granulated*
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup pasteurized egg whites
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup nonfat milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/4 cups quick oats, uncooked
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1/2 cup chopped dark chocolate
- Cooking spray
*May also substitute with 30 packets Equal Sweetener
- Combine Equal, butter, brown sugar, egg whites, applesauce, milk and vanilla.
- Mix with electric mixer until well blended. Stir in combined flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger and salt.
- Gradually mix in oats, cherries and chocolate until well combined.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto lightly sprayed baking sheets.
- Bake in a preheated 350F oven for 9 to 10 minutes, or until light golden in color.
- Remove from baking sheet and cool completely on wire rack.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 4 Dozen Cookies1 cookie per serving
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 2 grams
Sodium: 54 milligrams
Cholesterol: 3 milligrams
Protein: 1 grams
Carbohydrates: 10 grams
1/2 starch; 1/2 fat