- 1 Cup bran cereal
- 1 Cup water
- 1/3 Cup sugar OR dry sugar substitute equivalent (such as Sugar Twin)
- 1 Medium egg
- 1/4 Cup canola oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp Chocolate flavoring
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 Cup cocoa, preferably Dutch-process
- 1/4 Cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp instant nonfat dry milk
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Place bran, water, sugar or sugar substitute, egg, canola oil, vanilla, chocolate flavoring and lemon juice in a mixer bowl. Mix lightly and let stand for 30-45 minutes.
- Combine flour, soda, cocoa, sugar, dry milk, cinnamon and salt and stir to blend well. Add flour mixture to the bran mixture and mix at medium speed about 1/2 minute or until well blended.
- Place in a spray-coated 9-inch square cake pan and bake at 350F for about 20 minutes, or until the cake springs back when touched in the center and sides pull away from the pan. Cool to room temperature and cut into 3x4-inch squares to yield 12 squares. Use 1 square per serving.
Recipe Yield: Servings: 12
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 6 grams
Sodium: 224 milligrams
Cholesterol: 16 milligrams
Carbohydrates: 22 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
1 Starch/Bread, 1 Fat
Source: Cooking Healthy and Fast
Book Title: Cooking Healthy and Fast
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.