- 1/2 bunch of watercress
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 tablespoons plain low-fat yogurt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Salt to taste
- 1 pound swordfish, about 1 inch thick
- 1 tablespoon virgin olive oil (optional)
- Dash paprika
- Preheat broiler. Mince enough watercress to make 2 tablespoons. Reserve several sprigs for garnish. Mix minced watercress with lemon juice, yogurt, pepper and salt.
- Brush each side of fish with oil, if desired, and sprinkle with dash of paprika. Broil about 3 inches from heat source 8 minutes; turn and broil 8 to 10 minutes more until fish flakes easily with a fork. Garnish with watercress sprigs and a small amount of the lemon-watercress sauce.
Recipe Yield: Serves: 4
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 4 grams
Sodium: 162 milligrams
Cholesterol: 44 milligrams
Protein: 23 grams
Carbohydrates: 1 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
3 Low-Fat Meat
Source: Light and Easy Diabetes Cuisine
Book Title: Light and Easy Diabetes Cuisine
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.