- 1 whole pork tenderloin, about 1 pound, all fat trimmed
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) crushed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 to teaspoons chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon maple extract
- 1/4 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1/3 cp Equal Spoonful*
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 6 multigrain hamburger buns, split and toasted
* May substitute 8 packets Equal sweetener
- Rub pork with 1 teaspoon chili powder and garlic powder; place in baking pan. Bake in preheated 425 F oven 30 to 40 minutes or until pork is well browned and juices run clear. Let stand 10 to 15 minutes. Cut into 2 to 3-inch slices; shred slices into bite-size pieces with a fork.
- Spray medium saucepan with cooking spray. Cook and stir onion and garlic about 5 minutes or until tender. Add tomatoes, vinegar, mustard, chili powder, maple extract, and liquid smoke to saucepan. Heat to boiling; reduce heat.
- Simmer, uncovered, 10 to 15 minutes or until medium-thick sauce consistency. Stir in Equal. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Stir pork into sauce. Cook 2 to 3 minutes or until hot. Spoon mixture into buns.
Recipe Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 5 grams
Sodium: 447 milligrams
Cholesterol: 49 milligrams
Protein: 21 grams
Carbohydrates: 29 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
2-1/2 lean meat, 2 starch
Recipe and image appear courtesy of Equal.
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.