- 1 whole pork tenderloin, about 1 pound, all fat trimmed
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) crushed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 to teaspoons chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon maple extract
- 1/4 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1/3 cp Equal Spoonful*
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 6 multigrain hamburger buns, split and toasted
* May substitute 8 packets Equal sweetener
- Rub pork with 1 teaspoon chili powder and garlic powder; place in baking pan. Bake in preheated 425 F oven 30 to 40 minutes or until pork is well browned and juices run clear. Let stand 10 to 15 minutes. Cut into 2 to 3-inch slices; shred slices into bite-size pieces with a fork.
- Spray medium saucepan with cooking spray. Cook and stir onion and garlic about 5 minutes or until tender. Add tomatoes, vinegar, mustard, chili powder, maple extract, and liquid smoke to saucepan. Heat to boiling; reduce heat.
- Simmer, uncovered, 10 to 15 minutes or until medium-thick sauce consistency. Stir in Equal. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Stir pork into sauce. Cook 2 to 3 minutes or until hot. Spoon mixture into buns.
Recipe Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 5 grams
Sodium: 447 milligrams
Cholesterol: 49 milligrams
Protein: 21 grams
Carbohydrates: 29 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
2-1/2 lean meat, 2 starch
Recipe and image appear courtesy of Equal.