- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 T sugar
- 1 T brown sugar
- 1 T cold light butter or light margarine, suitable for baking
- 1/2 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 400 ° F. Spray baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine flours, baking powder, salt, and sugars. WIth pastry blender or two knives, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Using a rubber spatula, stir in yogurt, extract and chips until mixture holds together and forms a ball.
- Place dough ball on prepared baking sheet. Pat into a 9-inch circle. Using a sharp knife, mark dough into 12 wedges, cutting into, but not through, dough.
- Bake 20 minutes or until golden brown. Cut into wedges and serve warm. Or, cool and store covered and/or freeze up to 3 months. To reheat, bake uncovered at 350 ° F. for 5 to 10 minutes.
Recipe Yield: Prep Time: 25 Minutes - Cost: $``Servings: 10 - Difficulty Level: 3
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 4 grams
Sodium: 181 milligrams
Cholesterol: 4 milligrams
Protein: 3 grams
Carbohydrates: 24 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
1 starch; 1/2 fruit and 1/2 fat (2 carb choices)
Source: Cinnamon Hearts
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.